EcoLights solution to Washington’s
new mandatory recycling law
Beginning January 1, 2013, all Washington businesses and government agencies will be required to recycle their used mercury-containing lights. To help businesses and governments meet this new requirement, EcoLights is offering an easy way to recycle spent lamps through our pre-paid box kit recycling program.
EcoLights has created a simple and convenient way to manage your used fluorescent tubes, High Intensity Discharge (HID), and compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) in an environmentally sound, yet cost effective fashion. For a single price our program includes:
- On-line ordering of pre-paid recycling kits;
- Delivery of recycling kits to your site via Fed-Ex;
- Specially designed boxes and pails for collection of waste materials, protective liner bags, and all packaging instructions for filling at your site;
- Return shipping to EcoLights’ processing facility via Fed-Ex;
- Environmentally sound recycling of the contents of the kit, helping keep you compliant with the law;
- Final Certificate of Recycling emailed to you with processing dates and amount of material recycled;
- On-line accessible records of materials recycled by facility.
Our program offers you and your business a turnkey solution to comply with the new mandatory lamp recycling law. Visit our online store for details.
For further information about Washington’s new fluorescent lamp recycling law, visit our FAQ.